All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA dizzying, fast-paced tour of Latin America provides one of the Spanish-speaking world's most outstanding writers with the occasion for an experimental travelogue somewhere between personal diary and critical essay. Lamenting t having more time to get to kw each of the 19 countries he visits after winning the Premio Alfaguara, Andres Neuman concludes that world travel consists mostly of 't seeing'. Turning the fleeting nature of his trip into a creative and critical advantage, he writes a work that is whimsical and fun, poetic and aphoristic.
- Author BiographyAndres Neuman was born in 1977 in Buenos Aires, Argentina, and grew up in Spain. He was selected as one of Granta's Best of Young Spanish-Language Novelists and was elected to the Bogota39 list. Traveler of the Century (FSG, 2012) was the winner of the Alfaguara Prize and the National Critics Prize, Spain's two most prestigious literary awards, as well as of a special commendation from the jury of the Independent Foreign Fiction Prize. Neuman has taught Latin American literature at the University of Granada. Jeffrey Lawrence received his PhD in Comparative Literature from Princeton University and is currently a professor of English at Rutgers University.
- Author(s)Andres Neuman
- PublisherRegan Arts
- Date of Publication07/07/2016
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationNY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRestless Books
- Weight295 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Translated byJeffrey Lawrence
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.00Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.