All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'We often say: My mind, my mind. But if someone were to ask us: What is your mind? We would have correct answer. This is because we do t understand the nature and function of the mind correctly.' - Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso Rinpoche. How to Understand the Mind offers us deep insight into our mind. It shows us how an understanding of our mind's nature and functions can be used to improve our lives practically, in our everyday experience. It begins by guiding us to develop and maintain a light, positive mind. It then explains how to recognize and abandon mental states that harm us, and shows us in how to replace them with peaceful beneficial states. The book goes on to describe different types of mind in detail, revealing the depth and profundity of the Buddhist understanding of the mind. The book concludes with a detailed explanation of meditation, which we use for controlling and transforming our mind until we attain a lasting state of joy, independent of external conditions.
- Author BiographyGeshe Kelsang Gyatso is a fully accomplished meditation master and internationally renowned teacher of Buddhism who has pioneered the introduction of modern Buddhism into contemporary society. He is the author of 22 highly acclaimed books that perfectly transmit the ancient wisdom of Buddhism to our modern world. He has also founded over 1200 Kadampa Buddhist centres and groups throughout the world.
- Author(s)Geshe Kelsang Gyatso
- PublisherTharpa Publications
- Date of Publication01/08/2014
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationUlverston
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTharpa Publications
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight456 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $23.03New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.87Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.29Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.