How to Use Value-Added Analysis to Improve Student Learning: A Field Guide for School and District Leaders by Mary Peters, James M. Thomas, Kate Kennedy (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $41.25Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $23.34+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionValue-added is the most robust, statistically significant method for connecting teachers to students. In other words, value-added analysis links teachers to students and, for the very first time, allows educators to see the amount of growth they are facilitating with students. Built around the value-added analysis professional development work of Battelle for Kids, this book for district and school leaders prepares educators to understand and implement value-added analysis in order to ensure that all students are achieving and progressing. By providing a user-friendly, five-step implementation process along with success stories of schools, teachers, and students as well as strategies, samples, and tools, this book will equip educators to use value-added analysis to help accelerate student progress. It is written to inform readers about what value-added analysis is and to help them utilize value-added information in a classroom and/or school setting.
- Author BiographyKate Kennedy develops and leads professional development workshops for educators on how to use value-added analysis, formative assessment, and other research-based strategies and tools for school improvement. A Director at Battelle for Kids in Columbus, Ohio, she also develops online learning resources to support educators' efforts to apply these strategies to accelerate student progress. Kate has traveled from Ohio to Hong Kong, and many interesting places in between, to help educators help kids. Before joining the staff at Battelle for Kids, Kate studied education leadership at Teachers College in New York City and was an ESL, English Language Arts, and Social Studies teacher in the Los Angeles Unified School District. Dr. Mary Peters has conducted extensive research in the area of value-added analysis. In her role as Battelle for Kids' Senior Director of Value-Added Research Services, Mary was responsible for managing a $6M grant with the Ohio Department of Education pertaining to the delivery and training of value-added analysis to school personnel across Ohio. Prior to joining Battelle for Kids, Mary served as Director of Assessment and Planning for the Westerville City School District (OH). Additionally, she served as Westerville's Value-Added Specialist to help district educators understand and use value-added information to accelerate student progress and achievement. Mary also has experience at the state-policy level, working at the Ohio Department of Education to revise standards for Ohio schools, draft legislative language for accountability, and recommend the design of state and regional technical support systems. An accomplished speaker, Mary has presented nationally on the topics of value-added analysis, formative assessment, and teacher effectiveness on behalf of the American Educational Research Association and the Alliance for Excellent Education. She has authored or co-authored numerous publications in the areas of school improvement and special education. Mary is a former special education teacher and adjunct college professor. With more than 30 years of education experience, Dr. Mike Thomas is one of the foremost experts on the implementation of value-added analysis for school improvement in the United States. Most recently, Mike has provided value-added training to the Pennsylvania Department of Education, the Houston Independent School District (TX), the Fort Worth Independent School District (TX), and numerous districts throughout New York and Ohio. Mike led the development of Understanding & Using Value-Added Analysis: A Toolkit for School Leaders and Ohio*Learn, an online system that provides educators access to personalized professional development and instructional leadership planning tools. He also partnered with the Ohio department of Education and played an integral role in Ohio's statewide rollout of value-added analysis, including the implementation of a professional development program to build the skills of educators from Ohio's 12 regions. Prior to joining Battelle for Kids as Senior Director of Innovation, Mike served as a co-coordinator of the pre-service elementary and middle school teacher education program at The Ohio State University. In this role, he was the recipient of the Distinguished Teaching Award from The Ohio State University. Mike has served as a presenter on the topic of value-added analysis at The Education Trust's National Conference and the American Association of School Administrators' National Conference on Education. He recently co-authored a chapter in Dr. Theodore Hershberg's book, A Grand Bargain for Education Reform, published by Harvard Education Press in 2009. Mike is a former middle school science and mathematics teacher.
- Author(s)James M. Thomas,Kate Kennedy,Mary Peters
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication19/01/2012
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $204.90New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.66New
- AU $61.69Used
- AU $94.06New
- AU $102.20New
- AU $71.40New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.59
- AU $22.44Trending at AU $24.03
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.94
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $91.19
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.01
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.60
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.