All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA fundamental part of writing at university is using what you read in your work. Your lecturers may ask you to be critical, original and to put what you read into your own words. You will also be told t to plagiarise. What does all this actually mean? How can you use other people's work and still be original? How much of your essay should be about what you read? How do you make clear the difference between your own ideas and those that have come from your reading? What words and phrases should you use to introduce and comment on your sources? The fully updated and revised edition of this popular book answers these questions, and takes you through the complete process of using your reading in your writing. It also: * Uses real texts and examples of real student writing * Gives you nearly 300 key words to use when integrating sources into your work and practice in using them accurately * Looks at common mistakes students make to help you to improve your own correction skills and avoid making the same mistakes yourself How to Use your Reading in your Essays equips you with all the information, practice and confidence you need to use your reading effectively in your writing and to get the best marks possible for your work.
- Author BiographyJeanne has been teaching and managing in the field of English language and academic writing for over twenty years and currently lectures at the University of Leeds UK. She has been Chair of the British Association of Lecturers in English for Academic Purposes and set up one of the first academic writing centres in a UK university. Jeanne is author of The Student Phrase Book, How to Use Your Reading in Your Essays, Reading and Making Notes and Writing for University.
- Author(s)Jeanne Godfrey
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication26/04/2013
- SubjectStudy Skills & General Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitlePalgrave Study Skills
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2009
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight279 g
- Width155 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edition Statement2nd New edition
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.