How to Write an Impressive CV and Cover Letter: A Comprehensive Guide for the UK Job Seeker by Tracey Whitmore (Paperback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $22.20Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.32+ AU $6.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionYour CV and cover letter are your first communication with a prospective employer. As the job market is becoming increasingly competitive, making the right first impression has never been more important. If you compromise on the quality of your CV and cover letter, and you reduce your chances of winning an interview. This book, which will appeal to anyone from entry-level to board level, encompasses a step-by-step guide on how to achieve killer competitive advantage by producing an impressive CV and cover letter. The job acquisition process, which has changed significantly in recent years, is discussed fully, and effective job-hunting tactics are provided. Interviews undertaken with top HR professionals, who are often the first point of entry, outline what you need to do to impress them. Their views and opinions are provided throughout the book. The book and CD are packed with practical examples of CVs and cover letters that have worked in real-life. These individuals were struggling to win interviews prior to their CV revamp. Their new CVs secured several interviews, many of which resulted in job offers. The CD contains CV and cover letter templates, and full transcripts of interviews held with the twelve industry experts from blue chip employers such as Vodafone, Tesco, KPMG, Korn Ferry and Jonathan Wren. Contents: Introduction; About the Author; Ackwledgements; How to Use this Book; Part One: The Job-hunting Process; Chapter 1: How to Approach Job Hunting; Chapter 2: Job-Hunting Tips; Chapter 3: Staying Marketable; Part Two: CV Writing; Chapter 4: You had Better get it Right!; Chapter 5: Determining the Most Suitable CV type; Chapter 6: Heading Your CV; Chapter 7: Career Objective; Chapter 8: Profile Statement; Chapter 9: Key Skills; Chapter 10: Educational Background; Chapter 11: Achievements; Chapter 12: Work History; Chapter 13: Voluntary Work; Chapter 14: Professional Association/Memberships; Chapter 15: Publications and Patents; Chapter 16: Computer/Technical Skills; Chapter 17: Languages; Chapter 18: Additional Information; Chapter 19: References; Chapter 20: Format, Structure and Presentation; Chapter 21: Reviewing Real CVs; Chapter 22: Top CV Tips; Part Three: Cover Letter Writing; Introduction: Don't Neglect how important it is!; Chapter 23: The Importance of a Covering Letter; Chapter 24: The Marks of a Good Cover Letter; Chapter 25: Speculative Versus Specfic Cover Letters; Chapter 26: Specific Cover Letters that have Worked; Appendix; Action Words; Index.
- Author BiographyTracey Whitmore worked as a head-hunter before going on to set up a successful CV writing business in 2003. Her company, Impressive CVs, has an enviable track record for producing interview-winning CVs and cover letters for customers at all levels and across all industries.
- Author(s)Tracey Whitmore
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication12/06/2009
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHow To Books Ltd
- Weight575 g
- Width173 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.