All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow to be a Brilliant FE Teacher is a straightforward, friendly guide to being an effective and invative teacher in post-compulsory education. Focussing on practical advice drawn from the author's extensive and successful personal experience of both teaching and training teachers, it offers sound guidance, underpinned by the latest research, theory and policy in the field. Structured around the questions that all new teachers and lecturers ask in their first teaching post, it is an introduction to both essential teaching skills and what to expect from working in this exciting, fast-paced sector. Key chapters cover: * The learners - who they are, diversity and motivation; * What will actually happen - organising teaching, techlogy and resources; * How to keep your students' interest - understanding and responding to learning styles; * How will I kw if they've learned it? - assessment and feedback; * Making sure it's working - student evaluation, reflecting on and improving practice. Packed throughout with information about where to find the best materials and resources to support your teaching, this book also offers sensible advice on balancing home and life, working effectively with your colleagues and progressing in your career. How to be a Brilliant FE Teacher will be a source of support and inspiration for all those embarking on their initial training and first post in the sector, as well as qualified professionals looking for reassuring, fresh ideas.
- Author BiographyVicky Duckworth is Senior Lecturer and MA PCET Co-ordinator in Post Compulsory Education and Training and Schools' University Lead at Edge Hill University, UK.
- Author(s)John Clarke,Vicky Duckworth
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication30/08/2012
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note8 black & white illustrations, 9 black & white tables, 8 black & white line drawings
- Weight286 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $73.88Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.95Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.