All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionHow to be a Brilliant Mentor offers clear guidelines to enhance your mentoring, helping you to analyse your own practice and understand the complex and often ambiguous role of the mentor in school. Considering why you might become a mentor and what you can gain from the experience, it provides practical strategies and direct problem-solving to help you move promising trainees quickly beyond mere competence. It explores: * collaborative working * giving effective feedback * emotional intelligence and developing and maintaining relationships * dealing with critical incidents * developing reflective practice * what to do if relationships beak down * the relationship between coaching and mentoring * mentoring newly qualified teachers as well as trainees. Illustrated with the experiences of real trainees, How to be a Brilliant Mentor can be dipped into for invative mentoring ideas or read from cover-to-cover as a short enjoyable course which will give you added confidence in your mentoring role. The book is a companion to How to be a Brilliant Trainee Teacher, also by Trevor Wright.
- Author BiographyTrevor Wright, University of Worcester, UK, has been a successful teacher for about thirty years, and a trainer of teachers for about fifteen years. His experiences as both teacher and teacher-trainer allow him to bridge the gap between principle and practice on a day-to-day basis.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication16/06/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note6 black & white tables, 21 black & white line drawings
- Weight317 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byTrevor Wright
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.