All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGraphic designers constantly complain that there is career manual to guide them through the profession. Design consultant and writer Adrian Shaughnessy draws on a wealth of experience to provide just such a handbook. Aimed at the independent-minded, it addresses the concerns of young designers who want to earn a living by doing expressive and meaningful work and avoid becoming a hired drone working on soulless projects. It offers straight-talking advice on how to establish your design career and suggestions - that you won't have been taught at college - for running a successful business. This revised, extended edition includes all-new chapters covering professional skills, the creative process, and global trends, including green issues, ethics and the rise of digital culture. The book contains all-new imagery, and the previous interviews have been replaced with new ones, each focusing on a specific issue of importance to graphic designers.
- Author BiographyAdrian Shaughnessy is a designer and writer, and the author of How To Be A Graphic Designer, Without Losing Your Soul and Cover Art By: New Music Graphics. He co-founded the design company Intro and, since leaving in 2003, has worked as a consultant to various design studios and clients. He has lectured extensively on design and hosts the radio show 'Graphic Design On The Radio'.
- Author(s)Adrian Shaughnessy
- PublisherLaurence King Publishing
- Date of Publication30/08/2010
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2010
- ImprintLaurence King Publishing
- Content Note45 colour illustrations
- Weight510 g
- Width190 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.