All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDavid Quantick interviews some of the best writers in a variety of field to provide a detailed overview for living your life as a writer on a daily practical level:~ In conversation with Caitlin Moran, Jon Ronson, Suzanne Moore, Mark Billingham, Emma Doghue, Dennis Kelly and many others, David asks: * When do you get ideas? * When do you write? * How do you deal with your money? * Who do you have lunch with? * How do you keep going? How to Be a Writer looks at every aspect of a writer's life, from writing methods to writing habits and every aspect of day to day life as a writer. Advice and anecdotes from agents, publishers, comedy writers, stand-up comedians, best-selling authors and popular columnists - to help you BE the writer you want to be.
- Author BiographyDavid Quantick really has written everything. As a television writer, he has written for The Thick Of It, The Day Today, Brass Eye, TV Burp and many other shows. He is also an award-winning writer on HBO's Veep and wrote the critically-praised Sky Arts Playhouse, Snodgrass. As a radio writer, he created Radio 4's One and Radio 2's The Blagger's Guide. His novel Sparks was described as excellent by Neil Gaiman and his graphic series Louis Wain (created with Savage Pencil) was published in Alan Moore's Dodgem Logic. As well as a series of music books and the official biography of Eddie Izzard, David wrote the Sunday Times best-seller Grumpy Old Men and has written for over 50 magazines and newspapers, from The Guardian and The Daily Telegraph to NME and Q. With Jane Bussmann, he created the world's first internet sitcom, The Junkies, and he is also the writer of several short films, including the highly-acclaimed Lot 13. How To Write Everything is his first book about writing.
- Author(s)David Quantick
- PublisherOberon Books Ltd
- Date of Publication07/03/2016
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOberon Books Ltd
- Weight227 g
- Width130 mm
- Height200 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.15Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.