All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $27.07
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.36
- AU $11.42Trending at AU $14.09
- AU $18.79Trending at AU $25.48
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $45.35
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $36.21
About this product
- DescriptionMost people think of love as a feeling, says David Richo, but love is t so much a feeling as a way of being present. Drawing on the Buddhist concept of mindfulness, Richo offers a fresh perspective on love and relationships that focuses t on finding an ideal mate but on becoming a more loving and realistic person. Here, he explores five hallmarks of mindful loving and how they play a key role in our relationships throughout life: 1. Attention to the present moment; observing, listening, and ticing all the feelings at play in our relationships 2. Acceptance of ourselves and others just as we are 3. Appreciation of all our gifts, our limits, our longings, and our poignant human predicament 4. Affection shown through holding and touching in respectful ways 5. Allowing life and love to be just as they are, with all their ecstasy and ache, without trying to take control When deeply understood and applied, these five simple concepts what Richo calls the five A s form the basis of mature love. They help us to move away from judgment, fear, and blame to a position of openness, compassion, and realism about life and relationships. By giving and receiving these five A s, relationships become deeper and more meaningful, and they become a ground for personal transformation.
- Author BiographyDavid Richo, PhD, is a psychotherapist, teacher, writer, and workshop leader whose work emphasizes the benefits of mindfulness and loving-kindness in personal growth and emotional well-being. He is the author of numerous books, including How to Be an Adult in Relationships and The Five Things We Cannot Change. He lives in Santa Barbara and San Francisco, California.
- Author(s)David Richo
- PublisherShambhala Publications Inc
- Date of Publication17/04/2013
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintShambhala Publications Inc
- Weight204 g
- Width132 mm
- Height145 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Contained items statement8 Audio CDs
- Running Time570
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.