All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIs Hubert on a roll, or is his invention spinning toward disaster? Hubert loves to think, and t only does that distinguish him from his father, Gorp, and everyone else in ancient Sumeria, but it leads to the greatest invention of all time-the wheel. It takes a while for his neighbors to see the wheel as a major techlogical advancement rather than a newfangled coffee-table top, but eventually they do, and life is great.Well, life is great until the Sumerians' archenemies, the Assyrians, find out about the wheel and use it to plan their destruction. Now the question is t whether Hubert's invention is ahead of its time, but whether he should have stuck to designing living room furniture instead of causing civilization's demise. Hilarious and profound, Hubert's adventure brings the ancient world to life.
- Author BiographyClaire Montgomery and Monte Montgomery have seen their work produced on stage, screen, and television. After dark, they can be found playing and singing pop tunes and jazz standards in nightspots throughout Southern California. Hubert Invents the Wheel is their first book.Jeff Shelly grew up observing the humorous side of life, which has always inspired his art. Jeff lives with his wife and their three dachshunds in the Hollywood Hills.
- Author(s)Claire Montgomery,Monte Montgomery
- PublisherWalker & Company
- Date of Publication01/10/2005
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWalker & Company
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight336 g
- Width146 mm
- Height217 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.