Huck: The Remarkable True Story of How One Lost Puppy Taught a Family - And a Whole Town - About Hope and Happy Endings by Janet Elder (Paperback / softback)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $19.93Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $13.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHuck is a page-turning, unforgettable true story of the tenacity of one small dog, the unexpected, extraordinary kindness of strangers, and a family s devotion to each other. Michael was four when his relentless campaign for a dog began. At seven he made a PowerPoint presentation, My Dog, with headings like A Childhood Without a Dog isa Sad Thing. His parents, Janet and Rich, were steadfast; bringing a dog into their fast-paced New York City lives was utterly impractical. However, on a trip to Italy, a chance happening leads Janet to reconsider, a decision then hastened by a diagsis of breast cancer. Janet decides the excitement of a new puppy would be the perfect antidote to the strain on the family of months of arduous treatments for her illness. The prospect of a new puppy would be an affirmation of life, a powerful talisman for them all. On Thanksgiving weekend, soon after the grueling months of treatments are over, Huck, a sweet, mischievous, red-haired, toy poodle joins the family and wins everyone s heart. A fewmonths later the family ventures to baseball s spring training, leaving Huck with Janet s sister in Ramsey, New Jersey. Barely twenty-four hours into the trip, Janet receives the dreaded phone call: Huck has slipped through the backyard fence and run away. Broken-hearted and frantic, the family catches the first plane to New Jersey to begin a search for their lost puppy. It is a race against time, for little Huck is w lost in an area entirely unfamiliar to him, facing the threat of bears and coyotes, swamps and freezing temperatures, rain and fast cars. Moved by the family s plight, strangers from school children to townspeople to the police lieutenant join the search, one that proves to be an unyielding test of determination and faith. Touching and warm-hearted, Huck is a spirit-lifting story about resilience, the generosity of strangers, and hope. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author BiographyJanet Elder is a senior editor at The New York Times. She lives in Manhattan with her husband, Richard Pinsky, their son, Michael, andthe family dog. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Janet Elder
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPets & Equine
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Weight263 g
- Width134 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.