All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFamous as the birthplace of Rugby League as well as Prime Ministers Harold Wilson and Herbert Asquith, Huddersfield rose to prominence during the Industrial Revolution as a major centre of textile production. Evidence of the town's prosperity during the Victorian era remains in its magnificent railway station and town hall, as well as the many other fine 19th century buildings that can be found around the centre, and in the fact that Huddersfield boats the third highest number of listed buildings in the country. This is a town that has witnessed considerable change over the past century and Huddersfield Through Time charts its development through a collection of fascinating photographs, old and new, that help to illustrate its appeal, t only to those wanting to get to kw it better, but also to long-time residents who thought they knew all about their native town.
- Author BiographyPaul Chrystal was educated at the Universities of Hull and Southampton where he took degrees in Classics and wrote his MPhil thesis on attitudes to women in Roman love poetry. He appears regularly on BBC local radio the World Service. He is the author of over fifty books on a wide range of subjects, including histories of northern places, social histories of tea and of chocolate, a history of confectionery in Yorkshire and various aspects of classical literature and Roman history.
- Author(s)Paul Chrystal
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication09/06/2016
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Series TitleThrough Time
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note185
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $191.05New
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.66Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.