All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Huebinger series of automotive publications were popular a century ago as adventurous motorists braved the primitive roads and uncertain terrain of Iowa and beyond. Noted landmarks on these roadmaps include schools, houses, churches, piles of stumps, unusual rocks, cemeteries, and windmills. Today, these map collections are actually history books showing how towns and cities have developed, roads have changed, and some communities have disappeared. Huebinger's Map and Guide For Des Moines, Ft. Dodge, Spirit Lake, and Sioux Falls Highway: A Direct Road From Iowa's Capital to Her Beautiful Lake Country was originally published by The Iowa Publishing Company, Des Moines, Iowa, in 1912. The original booklet was 5 inches by 8 inches. This 2012 reprint is a scanned reproduction which has been enlarged to 8.5 inches by 11 inches. Each page has been individually resized at high resolution and color-corrected to improve contrast and sharpen the images. This Guide was scanned directly from the 1912 original, t from a later scanning. In addition to maps of each mile of the Des Moines, Ft. Dodge, Spirit Lake and Sioux Falls Highway, there are narrative descriptions of the towns, vintage advertisements suitable for framing, and the minutes of a meeting of the Des Moines, Ft. Dodge, and Spirit Lake Highway Association held in Ft. Dodge, Iowa on May 24, 1911.
- Author BiographyJanice Harbaugh is a fifth generation Iowan dedicated to the preservation of vintage books and documents pertaining to the history of Iowa. Raspberry Ridge Publishing is dedicated to the preservation of significant and rare publications in the public domain. Publications are carefully scanned and restored from original sources, one page at a time, to ensure the best possible reading experience. Blemishes are removed and pages are color-corrected. Original publications of small size are enlarged for easier reading. Raspberry Ridge Reprints will help you discover the fascinating people and ideas of times long ago.
- Author(s)M Huebinger
- Date of Publication22/07/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRoad Atlases & Maps
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight249 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.