Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
About this product
- DescriptionLarry Cuban's How Teachers Taught has been widely acclaimed as a pathbreaking text on the history and evolution of classroom teaching. Now Cuban brings his great experience as a classroom teacher, superintendent, and researcher to this highly anticipated follow-up to his groundbreaking work. Focusing on three diverse school districts (Arlington, Virginia; Denver, Colorado; and Oakland, California), Hugging the Middle offers an incisive portrayal of how teachers teach w.It is a revealing look at a range of current, workable pedagogical options educators are using to engage students while satisfying parents and policymakers - options that succeed by creating hybrid practices that combine both teacher-centered approaches (e.g., mostly direct instruction, textbooks, and lectures) with student-centered ones (e.g., team projects on real-world problems, independent learning, and small-groupwork). This book serves as a state-of-the-profession assessment in an era of top-down educational policy.
- Author(s)Larry Cuban
- PublisherTeachers' College Press
- Date of Publication15/02/2009
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTeachers' College Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width160 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.