All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHugh Trevor-Roper was one of the most gifted historians of the twentieth century. His scholarly interests ranged widely - from the Puritan Revolution to the Scottish Enlightenment. Yet he was also fascinated by the events of his own lifetime and wrote widely on issues of espionage and intelligence, as well as maintaining a fascination with the workings - and personalities - of Nazi Germany. In this volume, a variety of contributors - many of whom knew Trevor-Roper personally - engage with his scholarship and analyse his greatest achievements as an historian. Covering the full range of Trevor-Roper's interests, this volume will be essential for anyone who wishes to better understand this great historian and his work.
- Author BiographyBlair Worden is one of Britain's pre-eminent historians of the seventeenth century.His books include Roundhead Reputations: The English Civil Wars and the Passions of Posterity; Literature and Politics in Cromwellian England: John Milton, Andrew Marvell, Marchamont Nedham; The English Civil Wars 1640-1660 and God's Instruments: Political Conduct in the England of Oliver Cromwell.
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd
- Date of Publication29/02/2016
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note16 bw in 8pp plates
- Weight658 g
- Width155 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Edited byBlair Worden
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.