Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $24.23+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDirector Martin Scorsese, the legendary storyteller, decided to make his first-ever 3D film based on the Brian Selznick illustrated vel which he read four years ago, immediately connected to, and then shared with his youngest daughter. In reading books to my daughter, we re-experience the work. So it's like rediscovering the work of art again, but through the eyes of a child. He decided to turn to a different film format, and screenwriter John Logan was chosen to turn Selznick's words and illustrations and transform them into a screenplay. He had to cut and change some elements of the book, but, as Selznick says in his introduction: John performed a kind of magic trick. He took my story and turned it inside out. He turned it into a story that feels like it was always meant to be a movie, and yet he also took the time to celebrate books [and] all happens in the context of a gigantic, glorious, heartfelt, cinematic masterpiece just makes it all the more meaningful. Hugo is the astonishing adventure of a wily and resourceful boy whose quest to unlock a secret left to him by his father will transform Hugo and all those around him, and reveal a safe and loving place he can call home. Scorsese has assembled an impressive acting ensemble comprised of rising new talent working alongside venerated stars of the stage and motion pictures, including Ben Kingsley, Sacha Baron Cohen, Asa Butterfield, Chloe Grace Moretz, Ray Winstone, Emily Mortimer, Helen McCrory, Christopher Lee, Richard Griffiths, Frances De La Tour, Michael Stuhlbarg, and with Jude Law.
- Author BiographyJohn Logan's work as a screenwriter includes Hugo, Coriolanus, Rango, Sweeney Todd, The Aviator, Gladiator, The Last Samurai, Any Given Sunday, and RKO 281. He received the Tony, Drama Desk, Outer Critic Circle, and Drama League awards for his play Red, and is the author of more than a dozen plays.
- Author(s)John Logan
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication14/02/2012
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleShooting Script
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNewmarket Press,U.S.
- Content Note25-30 Colour Photos
- Weight251 g
- Width178 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $23.00New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.26Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.