All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $46.87
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $23.77Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.10Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
About this product
- DescriptionDesigned to help students understand the multiple levels at which human populations respond to their surroundings, this essential text offers the most complete discussion of environmental, physiological, behavioral, and cultural adaptive strategies available. Among the unique features that make Human Adaptability outstanding as both a textbook for students and a reference book for professionals are a complete discussion of the development of ecological anthropology and relevant research methods; the use of an ecosystem approach with emphasis on arctic, high altitude, arid land, grassland, tropical rain forest, and urban environments; an extensive and updated bibliography on ecological anthropology; and a comprehensive glossary of technical terms. Entirely new to the third edition are chapters on urban sustainability and methods of spatial analysis, with enhanced emphasis throughout on the role of gender in human-adaptability research and on global environmental change as it affects particular ecosystems. In addition, new sections in each chapter guide students to websites that provide access to relevant material, complement the text's coverage of biomes, and suggest ways to become active in environmental issues.
- Author BiographyEmilio F. Moran is Distinguished Professor and James H. Rudy Professor of anthropology, professor of environmental sciences and adjunct professor of geography, Director of the Anthropological Center for Training and Research on Global Environmental Change, and Codirector of the Center for the Study of Institutions, Populations, and Environmental Change at Indiana University.
- Author(s)Emilio F. Moran
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication07/02/2008
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBoulder, CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestview Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight685 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.