Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionNOTE: You are purchasing a standalone product; MasteringA&P(R) does t come packaged with this content. If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MasteringA&P search for 0133978559/9780133978551 Human Anatomy & Physiology Laboratory Manual: Making Connections, Main Version Plus MasteringA&P with eText -- Access Card Package, 1/e, which includes: o 0133952479/9780133952476 Human Anatomy & Physiology Laboratory Manual: Making Connections, Main Version, 1/e o 0134006577/ 9780134006574 MasteringA&P with Pearson eText -- ValuePack Access Card -- for Human Anatomy & Physiology Laboratory Manual: Making Connections, 1/e MasteringA&P should only be purchased when required by an instructor. Applying Anatomy & Physiology Concepts through Active Learning Developed as the companion lab manual to Amerman's Human Anatomy & Physiology, Catharine Whiting's lab manual takes an active learning approach that uses a rich variety of hands-on activities, along with guided questions, to engage students and help them apply concepts learned in lecture to lab. The active learning approach to Whiting's Human Anatomy & Physiology Laboratory Manual: Making Connections includes unique hands-on activities that use different learning modes including labeling, sketching, touching, dissecting, observing, conducting experiments, interacting with groups, and making predictions. Whiting also includes pre-lab assignments to help students better prepare for lab; and post-lab assignments to solidify learning and challenge students to see interrelationships of concepts across topics. Also available with MasteringA&P(R) This title is also available with MasteringA&P -- an online homework, tutorial, and assessment system proven to help students learn. It helps instructors maximize lab time with customizable, easy-to-assign, automatically graded assessments that motivate students to learn outside of class and to arrive prepared for lab. The powerful gradebook provides unique insight into student and class performance.
- Author BiographyCatharine C. Whiting, University of North Georgia Cathy Whiting began her college career at Waycross Junior College before transferring to the University of Georgia and earning a B.S. in biology. She earned both an M.S.T. and a Ph.D. at the University of Florida, training under an extraordinary mentor, Dr. Louis J. Guillette, a brilliant researcher, author, and educator who taught her how to do science and, more importantly, how to teach. With 20 years of college teaching experience, Whiting seeks to engage her students through active learning in order to facilitate the development of critical-thinking and problem-solving skills. She has discovered that passionate teaching leads to passionate learning. The recipient of several teaching awards including Faculty Member of the Year, Advisor of the Year, and Master Teacher, she considers her greatest reward to be the privilege of teaching and impacting the lives of students.
- Author(s)Catharine C. Whiting
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication02/01/2015
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight1474 g
- Width229 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.