CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $72.00Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionBest-selling author Karen Kirst-Ashman introduces you to the ins and outs of human behavior in macro settings in HUMAN BEHAVIOR IN THE MACRO SOCIAL ENVIRONMENT: AN EMPOWERMENT APPROACH TO UNDERSTANDING COMMUNITIES, ORGANIZATIONS, AND GROUPS, International Edition. The book challenges you to think critically about how macro systems affect human behavior and ultimately, the practice of social work. The author focuses on empowerment, highlighting the ways that communities, organizations, and groups promote positive change by building upon their strengths-taking you straight to the heart of what social work is all about.
- Author BiographyKaren K. Kirst-Ashman is Professor Emerita and former chairperson in the Social Work Department at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater, where she taught for 28 years. She has written six social work textbooks in multiple editions and numerous publications, articles, and reviews on social work and women's issues. She also has served on the Editorial Board of AFFILIA: Journal of Women and Social Work, and as a consulting editor for many social work journals including the Journal of Social Work Education. Dr. Kirst-Ashman has been a member on the Board of the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) and has served as a CSWE accreditation site visitor on various occasions. She is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker in the state of Wisconsin. She has been the recipient of both the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater Roseman Award for Excellence in Teaching and the University Outstanding Teaching Award. She earned her BSW degree and MSSW degree at the University of Wisconsin-Madison and her Ph.D. in social work at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. She has worked as a practitioner and administrator in child welfare and mental health agencies.
- Author(s)Karen Kirst-Ashman
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication05/03/2013
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight976 g
- Width185 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition StatementInternational ed of 4th Revised ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.