Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionMany physical anthropologists study populations using data that come primarily from the historical record. For this volume's authors, the classic anthropological 'field' is t the glamour of an exotic locale, but the sometimes tedium of the dusty back rooms of libraries, archives and museum collections. This book tells of the way in which archival data inform anthropological questions about human biology and health. The authors present a diverse array of human biological evidence from a variety of sources including the archaeological record, medical collections, church records, contemporary health and growth data and genetic information from the descendants of historical populations. The papers demonstrate how the analysis of historical documents expands the horizons of research in human biology, extends the longitudinal analysis of microevolutionary and social processes into the present and enhances our understanding of the human condition.
- Author BiographyD. Ann Herring is Associate Professor of Anthropology at McMaster University, Ontario. Alan C. Swedlund is Professor of Anthropology at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication08/09/2005
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleCambridge Studies in Biological and Evolutionary Anthropology
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 35
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note84 b/w illus. 38 tables
- Weight530 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byAlan C. Swedlund,D. Ann Herring
- Series Edited byC. G. Nicholas Mascie-Taylor,Robert Andrew Foley,Nina G. Jablonski,Karen B. Strier,Michael Little,Kenneth M. Weiss
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.