Human Biology: Concepts and Current Issues by Michael D. Johnson (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $79.99+ AU $20.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buybrandnewbooks-com
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $135.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
About this product
- DescriptionThrough his teaching, his textbook, and in his online blog, award-winning teacher Michael D. Johnson sparks the interest of today's science-intimidated student by connecting basic biology to real-world issues relevant to students' own lives. Through a storytelling approach and extensive online support, Human Biology: Concepts and Current Issues, Seventh Edition t only demystifies how the human body works but drives students to become better consumers of health and science information. Each chapter opens with Johnson's popular Current Issue essays, and BlogInFocus references within the chapter direct students to his frequently-updated online blog for breaking human biology-related news. Seventh Edition offers stronger student self-assessment tools with new and expanded critical thinking questions throughout each chapter and in the end-of-chapter reviews.
- Author BiographyDr. Michael D. Johnson earned his B.S. degree in Zoology from Washington State University and then moved East to earn a Ph.D. in physiology from the University of Michigan. After completing a Postdoctoral Research Fellowship at Harvard Medical School he joined the faculty of West Virginia University, where he remained for most of his career. From 2001 to 2006 Dr. Johnson resided in the Sultanate of Oman, where he served as Founding Dean of a new medical school being built in academic partnership with West Virginia University. Following a brief period back home at West Virginia University, in 2008 he moved to Qatar to take the position of Associate Dean for Premedical Education at Weill Cornell Medical College in Qatar. He returned to the United States in 2011 to concentrate on writing and on researching topics of interest in Human Biology. Dr. Johnson received several teaching awards during his career, including the West Virginia University Foundation Outstanding Teacher award and the Distinguished Teacher Award of the School of Medicine. He is a member of the American Physiological Society, the Human Anatomy and Physiology Society, the National Association of Biology Teachers, and the American Association for the Advancement of Science.
- Author(s)Michael D. Johnson
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication01/01/2013
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBenjamin-Cummings Publishing Company, Subs of Addison Wesley Longman, Inc
- Content Notecolour illustrations, colour tables, figures
- Weight1247 g
- Width229 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition StatementUnited States ed of 7th revised ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.