Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $31.40+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionClear, engaging, and visual, Starr and McMillan's HUMAN BIOLOGY, 10E, International Edition teaches you the core concepts of human biology and prepares you to make well-informed decisions in your life. Each chapter opens with an application that highlights the relevance of biology and motivates the study of the topic. You then learn the basic concepts which help you think critically about these issues. Useful pedagogy such as section ending Take-Home Messages and a running glossary help you understand key concepts. At the end of the chapter, Your Future and Explore on Your Own sections demonstrate the impact and personal relevance of the content.
- Author BiographyFor the past two decades, Cecie Starr has been known as one of the best-selling biology textbook authors. Her texts, appreciated for their clarity in both the written word and the visual representation of biological concepts, include multiple editions of BIOLOGY: THE UNITY AND DIVERSITY OF LIFE, BIOLOGY: CONCEPTS AND APPLICATIONS, and BIOLOGY TODAY AND TOMORROW. Her original dream was to become an architect. Instead of building houses, she now builds, with care and attention to detail, incredible texts based on this philosophy: I invite students into a chapter through an intriguing story. Once inside, they get the great windows that biologists construct on the world of life. Biology is not just another house. It is a conceptual mansion. I hope to do it justice. Beverly McMillan has been a science writer for more than 25 years and is coauthor of a college text in human biology, now in its eighth edition. She was worked extensively in educational and commercial publishing, including 8 years in editorial management positions in the college divisions of Random House and McGraw-Hill. In a multifaceted freelance career, Bev also has written or coauthored 10 trade books, as well as story panels for exhibitions at the Science Museum of Virginia and the San Francisco Exploratorium. She has worked as a radio producer and speechwriter for the University of California system and as science writer and media relations advisor for the Virginia Institute of Marine Science of the College of William and Mary. She holds undergraduate and graduate degrees from the University of California, Berkeley.
- Author(s)Beverly McMillan,Cecie Starr
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2013
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1200 g
- Width231 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition StatementInternational ed of 10th Revised ed
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.51New
- AU $65.15Used
- AU $78.97New
- AU $105.90New
- AU $75.89Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $47.66Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $80.48
- AU $21.06Trending at AU $23.17
- AU $89.88Trending at AU $94.85
- AU $19.59Trending at AU $32.70
- AU $22.02Trending at AU $23.08
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $102.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.