All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionThe physiology of man is a complex subject. Unfortunately the regulation of temperature in the human body is t always well explained in textbooks. Many conference proceedings on the subject have been produced that give excellent detail on research topics. However, the subject matter is rarely presented as a composite whole. New techlogy has broadened the scope of methods available for studying body temperature. Thermography in particular has made it possible to record in real time the temperature distribution of large areas of the body surface. Modem image processing methods permit dynamic studies to be carried out and detailed analyses made retrospectively-a tremendous advance over the complex and slow techniques formerly used by physiologists. Yet although the associa- tion between disease and temperature is as old as medicine itself, beyond the implicit faith in the clinical mercury thermometer, other measuring techniques are finding a slow acceptance. This book is designed to put into perspective the critical factors that make up body temperature. Body temperature cant be viewed as a static entity but rather must be seen as a dynamic process. An understanding of this phemen is important to all who use thermal imaging and measuring techniques in clinical medi- cine. These methods have, in recent years, brought engineers, physi- cists, technicians, and clinicians together. Inevitably, however, there v vi Preface are gaps and overlaps in techlogy and understanding.
- Author(s)E.F.J. Ring,Y. Houdas
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication29/05/2013
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight679 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1982
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.