All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionHuman cell culture is t a new topic, but the development of new molecular techniques and reagents which can be used to investigate cell function and the responsible intracellular mechanisms make it a continuing requirement. This third edition of Human Cell Culture Protocols expands upon the previous editions with current, detailed protocols for the isolation and culture of a range of primary cells from human tissues. With new chapters on pancreatic cells needed for basic studies on the pathogenesis of diabetes and for their application for islet transplantation, the book also delves into protocols for hepatocytes, skin cells, lung cells, parathyroid cells, gastric cells, renal cells, adipocytes, ovarian cells, bone cells, vascular smooth muscle cells, vascular endothelial cells, regulatory T cells, blood monuclear cells, as well as new techniques being applied to human cell culture, particularly the use of biocompatible scaffolds to grow cells, the in vitro use of laser microdissection to isolate cells from culture, and automated cell culture. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology(TM) series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding kwn pitfalls. Authoritative and cutting-edge, Human Cell Culture Protocols, Third Edition makes it possible for a worker with basic cell culture training, whether in the fields of cell biology, gene therapy, and cell transplantation, to prepare cell cultures of the specific cell type necessary to forward their vital research.
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication05/11/2011
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Series TitleMethods in Molecular Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number806
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Note19 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1037 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byRagai R. Mitry,Robin D. Hughes
- Edition Statement3rd ed. 2012
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.