All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith the pace of ongoing techlogical and teamwork evolution across air transport, there has never been a greater need to master the application and effective implementation of leading edge human factors kwledge. Human Factors in Multi-Crew Flight Operations does just that. Written from the perspective of the well-informed pilot it provides a vivid, practical context for the appreciation of Human Factors, pitched at a level for those studying or engaged in current air transport operations. Features Include: - A unique seamless text, intensively reviewed by subject specialists. - Contemporary regulatory requirements from ICAO and references to FAA and JAA. - Comprehensive detail on the evolutionary development of air transport Human Factors. - Key statistics and analysis on the size and scope of the industry. - In-depth demonstration of the essential contribution of human factors in solving current aviation problems, air transport safety and certification. - Future developments in human factors as a 'core techlogy'. - Extensive appendices, glossary and indexes for ease of reference. The only book available to map the evolution, growth and future expansion of human factors in aviation, it will be the text for pilots and flight attendants and an essential resource for engineers, scientists, managers, air traffic controllers, regulators, educators, researchers and serious students.
- Author BiographyThe late Captain Harry W Orlady was an Aviation Human Factors Consultant and a former Senior Research Scientist for the Aviation Safety Reporting System (ASRS). He conducted studies in ground and flight training, Human Factors, aviation safety and aeromedical fields, and received several major awards and presented nearly 100 papers or lectures. As a pilot with United Airlines he flew 10 types of aircraft. Captain Linda Orlady joined The Boeing Company in March 2011. As Chief Pilot for Flight Technical and Safety, Orlady has responsibility for overseeing the Flight Technical and Safety pilots and procedures managers. The Technical group generates and maintains the aircraft Quick Reference Handbook (QRH) as well as the Flight Crew Training Manual (FCTM). They provide technical support to customers and evaluate new procedures. The Safety group has responsibility for the Boeing Flight Operations Support Program (FOSP). They also serve as the operational resource for the Boeing Company's accident investigation team. Orlady has been involved in aviation, human factors and safety for thirty years as a pilot, researcher, instructor, and author. She is a third-generation pilot and flew for United Airlines for 25 years. She has flown the B-737, B-747-400, B-757, B-767, B-777, B-787, Airbus A-319, A-320 and holds a commercial rotorcraft rating. Orlady served as the Executive Air Safety Vice-Chair for the Air Line Pilots Association (ALPA) as well as the Safety Management Systems (SMS) Project Director. She served as one of the Chairs for the FAA's SMS Aviation Rulemaking Committee (ARC) and is a member of the Board of Governors for the Flight Safety Foundation. Previously, Orlady was a NASA-sponsored researcher for Yale and Harvard Universities on a research project investigating crew complements, procedures and automation. Orlady holds a master's degree in business administration from the Ohio State University with concentrations in organizational behavior and human factors. She received a bachelor's degree in philosophy from DePauw University.
- Author(s)Harry W. Orlady,Linda M. Orlady
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/05/1999
- SubjectTransport Industries
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content Notefigures, tables, index
- Weight1200 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine40 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $49.60Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.