All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHuman Geography: The Basics is a concise introduction to the study of the role that humankind plays in shaping the world around us. Whether it's environmental concerns, the cities we live in or the globalization of the ecomy, these are issues which affect us all. This book introduces these topics and more including: * global environment issues and development * cities, firms and regions * migration, immigration and asylum * landscape, culture and identity * travel, mobility and tourism * agriculture and food. Featuring an overview of theory, end of chapter summaries, case study boxes, further reading lists and a glossary, this book is the ideal introduction for anybody new to the study of human geography.
- Author BiographyProfessor Andrew Jones is Head of the School of Geography, Environment and Development Studies at Birkbeck, University of London. Previous publications include Dictionary of Globalization and Globalization: Key Thinkers.
- Author(s)Andrew Jones
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication30/06/2011
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleThe Basics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note4 black & white illustrations, 2 black & white tables
- Weight249 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.18Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.