All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBringing together many of the world's leading experts, this volume is a comprehensive, state-of-the-art review of climate change science, impacts, mitigation, adaptation, and policy. It provides an integrated assessment of research on the key topics that underlie current controversial policy questions. The first part of the book addresses recent topics and findings related to the physical-biological earth system. The next part of the book surveys estimates of the impacts of climate change for different sectors and regions. The third part examines current topics related to mitigation of greenhouse gases and explores the potential roles of various techlogical options. The last part focuses on policy design under uncertainty. Dealing with the scientific, ecomic and policy questions at the forefront of the climate change issue, this book will be invaluable for graduate students, researchers and policymakers interested in all aspects of climate change and the issues that surround it.
- Author BiographyMichael Schlesinger is Professor of Atmospheric Sciences in the Department of Atmospheric Sciences at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign. Haroon Kheshgi is Advanced Research Associate for Corporate Strategic Research at the ExxonMobil Research and Engineering Company. Joel Smith is a Vice President with Stratus Consulting Inc. in Boulder, Colorado. Francisco de la Chesnaye is Chief of the Climate Economics Branch for the United States Environmental Protection Agency, and Vice President for Status Consulting Inc, Boulder, Colorado. John Reilly is the Associate Director for Research in the Joint Program on the Science and Policy of Global Change, and a Senior Research Scientist in the Laboratory for Energy and Environment at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Tom Wilson is Principal Project Manager for Climate Change Research at the Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI).
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication11/10/2007
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note172 b/w illus. 16 colour illus.
- Weight1498 g
- Width219 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byCharles D. Kolstad,Francisco de la Chesnaye,Haroon S. Kheshgi,Joel Smith,John M. Reilly,Michael E. Schlesinger,Tom Wilson
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.