All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.98
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.27
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $66.30Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionLearning is among the most basic of human activities. The study of, and research into, learning forms a central part of educational studies. The well-respected and established authors, Jarvis and Parker, t only focus on the psychological processes of human learning, but they also examine the importance of the relationship between the body and the mind. For the first time, this book considers how our neurological, biological, emotional and spiritual faculties all impact on human learning. Topics covered include: * the biology of learning * personality and human learning * thinking and learning styles * gender and human learning * life cycle development and human learning * emotional intelligence and learning * morality and human learning * learning in the social context. Drawing on material from the worlds of science and social science, and with contributions from international authors, this book will be of interest to academics in a wide range of disciplines.
- Author BiographyPeter Jarvis is Professor of Continuing Education at the University of Surrey in which he was Head of Department of Educational Studies for a number of years. He is the author and editor of about thirty books, amongst his most recent being The Theory and Practice of Learning; and Adult Education and Lifelong Learning: Theory and Practice (Third Edition). He is founding editor of The International Journal of Lifelong Education, which he co-edits with Stella Parker. Stella Parker is now Emeritus Professor at the University of Nottingham and an independent consultant. Her regular activities include being the Independent Academic Advisor to the Police Promotions Examinations Board and a lay chair for the National Clinical Assessment Authority. Stella is the co-editor of the International Journal of Lifelong Education with Professor Peter Jarvis.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication22/03/2007
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note14 black & white tables, 7 black & white line drawings
- Weight362 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byPeter Jarvis,Stella Parker
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.