Human Resource Management: Essential Perspectives by Robert L. Mathis, John Jackson (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $161.68Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $36.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFocus on the information most important in preparing for the HR certification exam with a blend of practical HR concepts and proven HR practices found in HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT: ESSENTIAL PERSPECTIVES, 6th Edition. To further your professional success, this concise essentials text by leading HR authors Robert Mathis and John Jackson reviews today's most important laws and regulations and addresses the information most often used by human resource professionals. Easy to use and ecomical, the book introduces HR concepts and practices in a format that's applicable for practicing HR professionals in virtually all industries. New chapter openers place concepts in a strong managerial context, making it easy to understand the importance and impact of the principles you are learning. Timely Internet resources and additional readings offer clear guidelines for further HR study in the areas that interest you. Discover the best in human resource management in HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT: ESSENTIAL PERSPECTIVES, 6th Edition.
- Author BiographyDr. Robert L. Mathis is professor emeritus of management at the University of Nebraska at Omaha (UNO). Born and raised in Texas, he received his BBA and MBA from Texas Tech University and a Ph.D. in Management and Organization from the University of Colorado. At UNO, he has received the Excellence in Teaching award. Dr. Mathis has co-authored several books and published numerous articles covering a variety of topics. He also has held national offices in the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) and served as president of the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). In addition, he is certified as a Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) by HRCI. He has had extensive consulting experiences with organizations of all sizes and in a variety of areas. Firms assisted have been in the telecommunications, telemarketing, financial, manufacturing, retail, healthcare, and utility industries. Dr. Mathis has extensive specialized consulting experience in establishing or revising compensation plans for small- and medium-sized firms. Internationally, he has consulting and training experience with organizations in Australia, Lithuania, Romania, Moldova, and Taiwan. Dr. John H. Jackson is professor of management at the University of Wyoming. Born in Alaska, he received his BBA and MBA from Texas Tech University. He worked in the telecommunications industry in human resources management for several years before completing his PhD in Management and Organization at the University of Colorado. During his academic career, Dr. Jackson authored six other college texts and more than 50 articles and papers, including those appearing in ACADEMY OF MANAGEMENT REVIEW, JOURNAL OF MANAGEMENT, HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT, and HUMAN RESOURCES PLANNING. He has consulted with a variety of organizations on HR and management development matters and has served as an expert witness in a number of HR-related cases. At the University of Wyoming, he served four terms as department head in the Department of Management and Marketing. Dr. Jackson received the university's highest teaching award and has been recognized for his work with two-way interactive television for MBA students. Two Wyoming governors have appointed him to the Wyoming Business Council and the Workforce Development Council. Dr. Jackson serves as president of Silverwood Ranches, Inc.
- Author(s)John Jackson,Robert L. Mathis
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication16/06/2011
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationMason, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white line drawings, maps, figures, charts
- Weight430 g
- Width188 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition Statement6th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.75
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $38.99
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $33.32
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.