Human Resource Management by Sean Valentine, John H. Jackson, Robert L. Mathis (Hardback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $388.70Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $209.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPrepare for career and HR success with the best-selling text that has set the standard for excellence in human resource management. Mathis/Jackson's HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT, Fourteenth Edition, offers the most current look at HRM and its impact on the success of organizations today. Whether you are a practicing or future human resource management professional, or need to prepare for HR certification, this comprehensive market-leading text clearly introduces the latest HR research and unforgettable examples of HR in action that you need for success. A leading resource in preparing for professional HR certification, this edition provides solid readable coverage to ensure you address all major topics for the PHR and SPHR professional examinations given by the Human Resource Certification Institute (SHRM). The latest HR research and an effective blend of solid theory and contemporary practice highlight emerging trends driving change in HRM today, including techlogy, globalization, and HR metrics. The book's accompanying CourseMate online learning tools help you further achieve professional career and HR success. Trust the authoritative resource for human resource management to offer the most current look at HR and its impact on today's organizations. Mathis/Jackson's HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT, Fourteenth Edition, is the most trusted resource and best-selling HR solution for preparing future or currently practicing HR professionals.
- Author BiographyDr. Sean R. Valentine is the University of North Dakota alumni leadership and ethics professor and professor of management. Originally from Texas, he received a BS in Management/Human Resources from Park University, a BS in Hotel, Restaurant, and Tourism Management from New Mexico State University, an MBA in Business Administration from Texas State University, and a DBA in Management from Louisiana Tech University. He was employed in the hospitality industry for many years and was an officer in the Army National Guard. During his academic career, Dr. Valentine published more than 75 articles in journals such as HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT, HUMAN RELATIONS, HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT QUARTERLY, EMPLOYEE RESPONSIBILITIES AND RIGHTS JOURNAL, JOURNAL OF BUSINESS RESEARCH, JOURNAL OF BUSINESS ETHICS, JOURNAL OF PERSONAL SELLING & SALES MANAGEMENT, CONTEMPORARY ACCOUNTING RESEARCH, and BEHAVIORAL RESEARCH IN ACCOUNTING. His primary research and teaching interests include human resource management, business ethics, and organizational behavior, and he has received numerous awards and other recognition for his work. He also has consulted with a variety of organizations on different business matters. Dr. Robert L. Mathis is professor emeritus of management at the University of Nebraska at Omaha (UNO). Born and raised in Texas, he received his BBA and MBA from Texas Tech University and a Ph.D. in Management and Organization from the University of Colorado. At UNO, he has received the Excellence in Teaching award. Dr. Mathis has co-authored several books and published numerous articles covering a variety of topics. He also has held national offices in the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) and served as president of the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). In addition, he is certified as a Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) by HRCI. He has had extensive consulting experiences with organizations of all sizes and in a variety of areas. Firms assisted have been in the telecommunications, telemarketing, financial, manufacturing, retail, healthcare, and utility industries. Dr. Mathis has extensive specialized consulting experience in establishing or revising compensation plans for small- and medium-sized firms. Internationally, he has consulting and training experience with organizations in Australia, Lithuania, Romania, Moldova, and Taiwan. Dr. John H. Jackson is professor of management at the University of Wyoming. Born in Alaska, he received his BBA and MBA from Texas Tech University. He worked in the telecommunications industry in human resources management for several years before completing his PhD in Management and Organization at the University of Colorado. During his academic career, Dr. Jackson authored six other college texts and more than 50 articles and papers, including those appearing in ACADEMY OF MANAGEMENT REVIEW, JOURNAL OF MANAGEMENT, HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT, and HUMAN RESOURCES PLANNING. He has consulted with a variety of organizations on HR and management development matters and has served as an expert witness in a number of HR-related cases. At the University of Wyoming, he served four terms as department head in the Department of Management and Marketing. Dr. Jackson received the university's highest teaching award and has been recognized for his work with two-way interactive television for MBA students. Two Wyoming governors have appointed him to the Wyoming Business Council and the Workforce Development Council. Dr. Jackson serves as president of Silverwood Ranches, Inc.
- Author(s)John H. Jackson,Robert L. Mathis,Sean Valentine
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication12/08/2013
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationFlorence
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSouth-Western College Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1265 g
- Width211 mm
- Height261 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edition Statement14th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $86.95New
- AU $40.99Used
- AU $112.52New
- AU $97.37Used
- AU $33.12New
- AU $30.22New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $30.69New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.84
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.21
- AU $60.93Trending at AU $62.81
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.11
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.10
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $23.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.