All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.34New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.24
About this product
- DescriptionHuman Resource Management in Hospitality is a comprehensive textbook, designed especially for students of hotel management programmes. It explores the core concepts of human resource management (HRM) and uses numerous industry-related examples and case studies to explain them. Beginning with an introduction to HRM, the book goes on to explore relevant theoretical concepts like manpower planning, recruitment, training and development. It then elaborates on employee motivation, performance appraisal, compensation and benefit management, and job satisfaction. It then throws light on organizational culture, conflict management and collective bargaining, Indian labour laws in hospitality, and disciplinary action. The book concludes by looking at contemporary issues such as HR information system (HRIS), and international HRM. With its practice-oriented approach, the book will be equally useful to HR professionals in the hospitality industry.
- Author BiographyMalay Biswas, PhD, is Assistant Professor (Organizational Behaviour / Human Resource Management) at the Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Rohtak. He had worked with Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces for over eight years as Human Resource Professional and eight years of academic experience with Institute of Hotel Management, Aurangabad, Maharashtra. He taught organizational behaviour, human resource management, research methodology, and business ethics. Dr. Biswas has published several papers and reports in the areas of his expertise in international and national journals.
- Author(s)Malay Biswas
- PublisherOUP India
- Date of Publication27/09/2012
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintOUP India
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight530 g
- Width183 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.