All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- Description'This is a distance-learning text for a university MBA course but it is easy to recommend it also as a free-standing, clearly written and comprehensive induction to the subject. NPQH candidates should grab it' - Management in Education This textbook deals with current theories of the management of people employed in schools and colleges, recent developments and emerging trends. The authors focus on issues relevant to the whole organization and the the specifics of managing a school or college and its employees. They also cover the application of good practice to management processes such as selection, induction, performance management, appraisal and staff development. It is relevant to teachers and managers working in schools of all phases, and in further education colleges, including those aspiring to more senior positions. It is also directly relevant to the requirements of the NPQH.
- Author BiographyJacky Lumby (Ph.D. University of Leicester) is Professor of Education and Head of the School of Education at the University of Southampton, UK. She has taught and led in a range of educational settings, including secondary/high schools, community and further/technical education. She has also worked for a Training and Enterprise Council, with a regional responsibility for developing leaders across the public and private sectors. She has researched and published widely on educational policy, leadership and management in schools and colleges, in the UK and internationally. Her work on leadership encompasses a range of perspectives, including diversity issues, comparative and international perspectives and leading upper secondary education. She has co-edited International handbook on the preparation and development of school leaders (2008). Her most recent book is, with Marianne Coleman, Leadership and Diversity: Challenging Theory and Practice in Education (2007). She is co- editor of the journal International Studies in Educational Administration and a member of the Council of the British Educational Leadership, Management and Administration Society.
- Author(s)David Middlewood,Jacky Lumby
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication08/01/1999
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleCentre for Educational Leadership & Management
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPaul Chapman Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight276 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.