All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNow in its ninth edition, Human Resource Management in the Hospitality Industry: A Guide to Best Practice, is fully updated with new legal information, data, statistics and examples. Taking a 'process' approach, it provides the reader with an essential understanding of the purpose, policies and processes concerned with managing an enterprise's workforce within the current business and social environment. Since the eighth edition of this book there have been many important developments in this field and this ninth edition has been completely revised and updated in the following ways: * Extensively updated content to reflect recent issues and trends including: labour markets and industry structure, impacts of IT and social media, growth of international multi - unit brands, role of employer branding, talent management, equal opportunities and managing diversity. All explored specifically within the Hospitality Industry * The text explores key issues and shows real life applications of HRM in the Hospitality industry and is informed through the authors' research projects within Mitchells & Butler's plc, Pizza Express, Marriott Hotels and Cafe Rouge. * An extended case study drawing from the authors' experience working with Forte and Co., Centre hotels, Choice Hotels and Bass, Price Waterhouse and Grant Thornton Written in a user friendly style and with strong support from the Institute of Hospitality, each chapter includes international examples, bulleted lists, guides to further reading and exercises to test kwledge.
- Author BiographyMichael J. Boella is Faculty Fellow at the University of Brighton and specializes in teaching human resource management and law. Steven Goss-Turner is Head of Operations of the School of Sport and Service Management at the University of Brighton.
- Author(s)Michael Boella,Steven Goss-Turner
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication22/02/2013
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note61 black & white illustrations, 37 black & white tables, 61 black & white line drawings
- Weight680 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement9th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $30.42Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.14
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.