All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.84Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionContemporary thought in HRM focuses very much on HR strategy, but neglects the policy function as the vital link between strategy and practice. The aim of this book is to provide students and practitioners with a conceptual framework and practical guidelines to establish and maintain an effective HR policy function.
Part 1 looks at HR policy from a conceptual perspective. What is it? Why do we need it? What influences the shape of HR policies? This part also examines how policy connects with HR strategy and HR practice, and also how it connects with broader management issues.
Part 2 focuses on processes - essentially how policies are conceived, produced and introduced in organisations. The basic message in this part of the book is that policy making needs to be systematic in order to make policies dynamic and relevant. Part 2 also examines a number of policy management issues and problems, and discusses how these can best be addressed.
Part 3 looks at the main types of HR policies that most organisations need and discusses the various policy options that might be included. The emphasis in this part of the book is on translating our theoretical understanding of business and people management principles into policies that give life to HR strategies and broader business strategies
- Author BiographyMike Fazey BA (Murdoch), GradDipHRD (Curtin), MHRM (Murdoch), MAHRI, coordinates the Human Resource Management program in the School of Business at the University of Notre Dame (Fremantle, Australia). He has also lectured in human resource management at Murdoch and Edith Cowan Universities, Australia.
- Author(s)Mike Fazey
- PublisherTilde Publishing
- Date of Publication30/12/2013
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationPrahran
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintTilde Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white line drawings, black & white tables, figures
- Weight590 g
- Width200 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement2nd edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.