All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionPacked with the latest research, court findings, and best practices from the field, Gatewood/Feild/Barrick's HUMAN RESOURCE SELECTION, 8E equips learners and practitioners alike with the tools to develop and implement effective selection programs within today's unique organizations. With an engaging presentation, the book focuses on the most important legal, global and ethical concerns; psychometric measurement concepts; job analysis; predictors of job performance; criteria measures; and much more. It also introduces future and current practitioners to the most popular selection tools-as well as the technical challenges. In addition, detailed discussions explore the role of social media in the selection process.
- Author BiographyRobert D. Gatewood received his Ph.D. in industrial psychology from Purdue University. After accomplishing this, he first worked as a consultant for American Institutes for Research and then joined academia. His first position was as a member of the Department of Management at the Terry College of Business, University of Georgia. As has been indicative of his well planned career, Bob thought that he would stay at Terry for maybe five years because it would only take a few years for a smart person with three liberal arts degrees to get used to business schools and then move on to bigger and better things. Thirty-four years later, he decided that maybe it was time to move on. During these years, Bob climbed the academic ranks from assistant to full professor and pursued an administrative career at Terry as a department chair and associate dean in the College of Business. Bob was also elected to five executive positions, including President, within the Human Resources Division of the Academy of Management. In 2005, Bob moved to the Neeley School of Business at Texas Christian University as the Director of the Executive MBA Program. In 2008 he moved to Denver, Colorado when his wife Chris became Dean of the Daniels School of Business at the University of Denver. He had the good sense to retire from faculty life at that point. As a consultant, Bob has worked with a number of companies; PPG Industries, Westinghouse, BellSouth, and Ford for example. Murray Barrick obtained his Ph.D. in industrial and organizational psychology from the University of Akron. He is head of the Department of Management as well as a Distinguished Professor and the Robertson Chair at the Mays Business School at Texas A&M. He previously served as a faculty member at the University of Iowa and Michigan State University. Dr. Barrick's first publication?featured in PERSONNEL PSYCHOLOGY in 1991?was recognized as the most frequently cited article in that journal during the 1990s. More recently, it was reported to be the most highly cited article in industrial psychology between 2001 and 2005. By April 2009, this one article had been cited more than 2,300 times (Google Scholar). Dr. Barrick's awards include the Outstanding Published Paper, the Owens Scholarly Achievement Award, and the 2009 Distinguished Scientific Contributions Award from the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology, which he won along with Mick Mount. A former associate editor of PERSONNEL PSYCHOLOGY, he serves on the editorial boards of the JOURNAL OF APPLIED PSYCHOLOGY, PERSONNEL PSYCHOLOGY, and JOURNAL OF MANAGEMENT. As for hobbies, Dr. Barrick enjoys biking across Iowa on the annual RAGBRAI ride. In addition, he has served as a keynote speaker in Pretoria, South Africa, and Melbourne, Australia; conducted tutorial workshops in Saudi Arabia, Switzerland, Australia, and New Zealand; and attended the occasional SIOP Conference. Hubert S. Feild earned his Ph.D. in industrial psychology from the University of Georgia. He has been a faculty member in the Department of Management at Auburn University for more than 33 years and is now the Torchmark Professor of Management. His numerous articles have been published in such journals as ACADEMY OF MANAGEMENT JOURNAL, JOURNAL OF APPLIED PSYCHOLOGY, and PERSONNEL PSYCHOLOGY. He also has done many projects for companies like SONY, PPG Industries, GE, and AmSouth Bank. A former student athlete, he played baseball at Mississippi State.
- Author(s)Hubert S. Feild,Murray Barrick,Robert D. Gatewood
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication25/06/2015
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationMason, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCENGAGE Learning Custom Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1451 g
- Width214 mm
- Height263 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edition Statement8th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.