All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat is human resource strategy? How are human resources strategies formulated and how can we explain the variance between what is espoused and what is actually implemented? What impact - if any - does human resource strategy have on the organization's bottom line, and how can this impact be explained? Is there one best HR strategy for all firms, or is the impact of HR strategy on performance contingent on some set of organizational, techlogical or environmental factors? Human Resource Strategy, 2nd edition, provides an overview of the academic and practitioner responses to these and other questions. Applying an integrative framework, the authors review 30 years' worth of empirical and theoretical research in an attempt to reconcile often-conflicting conceptual models and competing empirical results. Complex theoretical models and scientific findings are presented in an accessible and relevant way, in the context of the strategic decisions that executives are forced to make on a regular basis. This new edition features an updated literature review, coverage of the latest challenges to HR strategy, new mini-cases, discussion questions, additional examples, and an emphasis on the strategic implications of the research, making it an ideal resource for students and practitioners alike.
- Author BiographyPeter A. Bamberger is Dean of Research and Professor of Organizational Behavior at the Recanati Business School at Tel Aviv University, Israel, and Senior Research Scholar at Cornell University's Industrial and Labor Relations School, USA. Michal Biron is Senior Lecturer at the Faculty of Management, University of Haifa, Israel, and a visiting researcher in the Department of Human Resource Studies at Tilburg University, the Netherlands. Ilan Meshoulam is Professor at the Faculty of Management, University of Haifa, Israel.
- Author(s)Ilan Meshoulam,Michal Biron,Peter A. Bamberger
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication17/06/2014
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note20 black & white illustrations, 16 black & white tables, 4 black & white line drawings
- Weight566 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.44Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $21.95
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.47Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.