All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book builds a compelling picture of injustices inside immigration detention centers, within the context of the rise of the use of immigration detention in the Global North. The author presents the rarely heard voices of refugees, bringing their perspectives to light and personalising and humanising a global political issue. Based on in-depth interviews with formerly detained refugees who were involved in a wide range of protests, such as sit-ins and n-compliance, hunger strikes, lip sewing, escapes and riots, Human Rights, Refugee Protest and Immigration Detention presents a comprehensive insight into immigration detention and protest. Drawing on the work of Michel Foucault and Hannah Arendt, the book challenges contemporary human rights discourses which institutionalise power and will be a must-read for scholars, advocates and policymakers engaged in debates about immigration detention and forced migration.
- Author BiographyLucy Fiske is a Chancellor's Postdoctoral Fellow in Social and Political Sciences at the University of Technology Sydney. She researches and publishes on human rights, gender, asylum seeking and immigration detention.
- Author(s)Lucy Fiske
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication16/08/2016
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight467 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.12New
- AU $30.22New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $30.69New
- AU $21.64New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.34
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $62.81
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.11
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.10
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $24.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.