All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTraditionally,the theory of human rights limited its application to the public domain, namely the relationships between individuals and public authorities. The great expansion of human rights legislation and concepts in modern national and international law has given rise to a major issue relating to their potential impact on private relationships. This book examines this important topic, which may revolutionize private law. It presents new approaches which strive to broaden the application of human rights to the private field on the ground that power can be abused and human rights can be infringed even when all parties are private. The subject is examined from theoretical and comparative perspectives by leading scholars representing a diversity of legal systems - the United States, Canada, England, South Africa, Germany and Israel. Among the contributors are Professor Todd Rakoff (Harvard), Professor Roger Brownsword (Sheffield), Professor Hugh Beale (Warwick) and Professor Ewan McKendrick (Oxford), Professor Ernest Weinrib and Professor Lorraine Weinrib (Toronto), Professor Christian Starck (Gottingen), Professor Andreas Heldrich (Munich) and others.
- Author BiographyDaniel Friedmann is a member of Israel Academy of Sciences and Humanities,and Danielle Rubinstein Professor of Comparative Private Law, Tel-Aviv University. Dr. Daphne Barak-Erez is Deputy Dean of the Faculty of Law, Tel-Aviv University and the Director of the Minerva Center for Human Rights.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication15/08/2003
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2003
- ImprintHart Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight640 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byDaniel Friedmann,Daphne Barak-Erez
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $22.48New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.26Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.