CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.08
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.44
About this product
- DescriptionWhy have human rights been marginalized in the Arab world? How do we gauge the relevance of human rights in the region, given the political, social, and ecomic context? What are the practical and theoretical obstacles to the implementation of these rights? Human Rights in the Arab World: Independent Voices offers perspectives from those at the forefront of research on human rights and Islam, globalization, transnational advocacy, and the politics of key states such as Egypt, Morocco, and Yemen. Some chapters provide essential historical background to current political realities, while others consider ways to confront this region's practical and theoretical challenges to human rights. By placing the question of human rights in the often tragic context of Arab politics, the very real stakes are made clear.
- Author BiographyAnthony Chase teaches in the Department of Diplomacy and World Affairs at Occidental College. Amr Hamzawy is Senior Associate at the Democracy and Rule of Law Project, Carnegie Endowment for International Peace.
- PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania Press
- Date of Publication01/06/2006
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitlePennsylvania Studies in Human Rights
- Place of PublicationPennsylvania
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Pennsylvania Press
- Weight653 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Edited byAmr Hamzawy,Anthony Chase
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.