All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionMalaria remains an alarming emergency in developing countries. It is thus urgent to identify any parasite or host molecules that can serve as new affordable markers for early diagsis of disease complications or as new targets for vector control. In this context, human and mosquito lysozymes are good candidate molecules, as their involvement in malaria has been recently reported by several independent groups. This book reviews the grounded kwledge on malaria etiology and physiopathology, as well as the current approaches for diagsis, therapy, and vector control. In addition, the emerging evidence on the involvement of human and mosquito lysozymes in malaria from available experimental models and clinical studies is thoroughly discussed, as is the potential use of other antimicrobial peptides against malaria. Intriguingly, the contributors propose that old well-kwn molecules such as lysozymes might be used as new targets for cost-effective strategies to fight malaria.
- Author BiographyMauro Prato currently works as an Adjunct Professor of Biochemistry at the University of Torino, Italy. His research activity focuses on the involvement of proteolytic enzymes in malaria. His track-record includes 40 papers published by peer-reviewed journals, 1 book, 7 book chapters, 97 communications in well-established conferences, and 1 patent.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication20/10/2014
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note5 black & white illustrations, 16 colour illustrations, 6 black & white tables, biography
- Weight350 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Edited byMauro Prato
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.