Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $55.02Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat is the purpose of our ecomic system? What would a more life-serving ecomy look like? There are many books about business and society, yet very few of them question the primacy of GDP growth, profit maximization and individual utility maximization. Even developments with a humanistic touch like stakeholder participation, corporate social responsibility or corporate philanthropy serve the same goal: to foster long-term growth and profitability. Humanism in Business questions these assumptions and investigates the possibility of creating a human-centered, value-oriented society based on humanistic principles. An international team of academics and practitioners present philosophical, spiritual, ecomic, psychological and organizational arguments that show how humanism can be used to understand, and possibly transform, business at three different levels: the systems level, the organizational level and the individual level. This groundbreaking book will be of interest to academics, practitioners and policymakers concerned with business ethics and the relationship between business and society.
- Author BiographyWolfgang Amann is Executive Director of the MBA programme at the University of St Gallen, Switzerland. Shiban Khan is a senior researcher at the University of St Gallen, Switzerland. Michael Pirson is a research fellow at the Hauser Center for Nonprofit Organizations, Harvard University, and a lecturer at the Harvard Extension School. Heiko Spitzeck is studying for a PhD at the Institute for Business Ethics at the University of St. Gallen, Switzerland. Ernst von Kimakowitz is studying for a PhD at the Institute for Business Ethics of the University of St. Gallen, Switzerland.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication26/02/2009
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note4 tables
- Weight740 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byErnst Von Kimakowitz,Heiko Spitzeck,Michael Pirson,Shiban Khan,Wolfgang Amann
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.