All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHumanistic principles are at the heart of social work, yet they are often overlooked in the managerial drive for better control of risk, resources and procedures. In this wide-ranging new book, Malcolm Payne develops a framework for social work practice that bring the profession's humanistic values to the forefront. He identifies positive fulfilment in social relationships as a key aim of the profession and reaffirms the importance of developing a fair and equal society. Importantly the book: * Charts the ideas that inform humanistic social work and identifies the principles and aims that define its successful practice, including human rights, accountability and empowerment. * Explores how creative, artistic and spiritual practices can be integrated with evidence-based and research-informed approaches to enrich professionals' work with service users. * Draws on a wise range of case material to illustrate how tools and concepts work in practice. * Uses charts and diagrams clearly and effectively to demonstrate and explain the relationship between sometimes complex sets of ideas. This is a timely and informative book by one of social work's most respected commentators. It will appeal to students enrolled on qualifying and post-qualifying courses and offers positive reading for those working in practice.
- Author BiographyMALCOLM PAYNE Policy and Development Adviser at St Christopher's Hospice, London, and a Visiting Professor at Opole University, Poland. His main publications include Social Care Practice in Context (2008), Modern Social Work Theory (third edition 2005), The Origins of Social Work: Continuity and Change (2005) and Teamwork in Multiprofessional Care.
- Author(s)Malcolm Payne
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication01/04/2011
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebibliography
- Weight326 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.