All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionImagine planning an event like the Olympics. Now imagine planning the same event but t kwing when or where it will take place, or how many will attend. This is what humanitarian logisticians are up against. Oversights result in serious consequences for the victims of disasters. So they have to get it right, fast.
- Author Biography'This book is a great example of our commitment at INSEAD to develop responsible leaders. It is very timely given the rapidly increasing acknowledgement of the importance of the social impact of organizations. The cases and recommendations in this book will be very helpful to anyone seeking to maximize their impact on humanitarian disaster relief.' - Dean Frank Brown, INSEAD 'As the UN's lead logistics organization we have a responsibility to look for benchmark practices both in the traditional humanitarian community but also in the private sector. The partnership with TNT has allowed us to do just that. Humanitarian logistics are very different from private sector logistics, but we can learn a great deal from each other, as this book amply demonstrates.'- Josette Sheeran, Executive Director at World Food Program 'Since 2002 we support WFP with our core competences to develop supply chain solutions; moreover we acknowledge the importance of logistics in disaster relief and the role the private sector can play in this field. This book gives an insight of the importance of humanitarian logistics and the challenges that lie ahead.' - Peter Bakker, TNT Chief Executive Officer 'I highly recommend to humanitarian logistics professionals as well as business supply chain practitioners. This is the first book that has integrated effective approaches in humanitarian logistics and business supply chain management in a most instructive and inspiring manner, and both sectors can learn so much from it.' - Hau Lee, Thoma Professor, Graduate School of Business, Stanford University.
- Author(s)Luk N. van Wassenhove,Rolando Tomasini
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication19/02/2009
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleInsead Business Press
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight452 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.