Humanity's Environmental Future: Making Sense in a Troubled World by William Ross McCluney, Ross McCluney (Paperback / softback, 2004)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $69.85+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $23.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.64Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionThere has been a lot of exciting movement at the Capitol recently--climate change and energy are top priorities in the new Congress. The newly discounted Humanitys Environmental Future provides detailed background information concerning both climate change and the energy crisis, as parts of a much bigger picture, all tied together neatly in this one comprehensive treatment. The book comprehensively examines the wide variety of difficult environmental and socio-ecomic problems facing humanity as it struggles toward a sustainable future. Powerful forces are driving us to degrade Earth's life-support system--the biosphere. These assaults are taking their toll, resulting in a daily barrage of news reports of environmental decline and ecosystem breakdown, all of which threaten Earth's ability to support its growing human population. The issues involved are imbedded in the industrial world's ecomic and business theories, lifestyles, development policies, and educational and political structures. They extend to the developing countries, as these follow similar growth, development, and ecomic advancement patterns. Humanity has already exceeded Earth's carrying capacity, in the absence of adequate supplemental energy inputs from the fossil fuels and other sources. As world petroleum production reaches a peak and then declines, there will be increasing pressure on energy prices to soar, possibly causing serious adverse ecomic consequences, and certainly stimulating major shifts in worldwide energy production and use. Major lifestyle and other changes are likely to result. Humanity's Environmental Future addresses these issues head on, examines their causes, and provides a variety ofsuggestions for reform. A major conclusion is that misplaced values and beliefs both drive humanity toward environmental disaster and prevent us from taking sufficiently comprehensive actions to stop the unrelenting destruction. Seven chapters are devoted to the insights and skills most needed for humanity to reverse its destructive course and make the needed changes before things have advanced so far that it may become too late to stop the worst of the consequences. The book concludes with several chapters dealing with specific reform proposals and positive suggestions for personal, group, and governmental action.
- Author(s)Ross McCluney,William Ross McCluney
- PublisherSunpine Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2004
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEnvironment & Ecology: General Interest
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSunpine Press
- Weight626 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.