All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Hungarian Mirity of Transylvania gives an overview of the Hungarian mirity's situation between the end of Communism and Romania's entry into the EU. In the historical foreword, the author sets the scenes while re-creating the dialectic relation between both nations. The author also provides a theoretical background on mirity rights, with the goal to define to which mirity sub-category belongs the Hungarian mirity of Romania. The third section of the study reviews the mirity rights legislation in force in Romania in 1990-2007 (international texts, bilateral treaties, Romanian legislation). The last chapter presents an overview of the situation in the field, using reports by international human rights organisations, local NGOs and civil rights activists.
- Author BiographyNicolas Franckx was born in Brussels, where he studied English and Russian to become a translator. He then worked for two years as a French language and Belgian culture lecturer at Masaryk University, in Brno (Czech Republic), and later on embarked on a MA programme of territorial studies at Charles University in Prague. He seized the opportunity of his five-year stay in the Czech Republic to travel extensively in Central Europe, with a focus on Hungary and Romania. These numerous trips arouse his interest for the Hungarian and Romanian language and culture, an interest still increased by the latent conflict of these two nations isolated amidst the predominantly Slavic Central and Eastern Europe. This book is derived from his MA thesis on this subject.
- Author(s)Nicolas Franckx
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication30/12/2011
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitlePrager Schriften zur Zeitgeschichte und zum Zeitgeschehen
- Series Part/Volume Number4
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published2011
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Weight210 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.