About this product
- DescriptionThou art the Black Rider. Go thee out unto the world. Lisabeth Lewis has a black steed, a set of scales, and a new job: she's been appointed Famine. How will an arexic seventeen-year-old girl from the suburbs fare as one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse? Traveling the world on her steed gives Lisa freedom from her troubles at home--her constant battle with hunger, and her struggle to hide it from the people who care about her. But being Famine forces her to go places where hunger is a painful part of everyday life, and to face the horrifying effects of her phemenal power. Can Lisa find a way to harness that power--and the courage to fight her own inner demons? A wildly original approach to the issue of eating disorders, Hunger is about the struggle to find balance in a world of extremes, and uses fantastic tropes to explore a difficult topic that touches the lives of many teens.
- Author(s)Jackie Morse Kessler
- PublisherTurtleback Books
- Date of Publication18/10/2010
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Series TitleRiders of the Apocalypse
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTurtleback Books
- Weight259 g
- Width135 mm
- Height206 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.