All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.44
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.12
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.41
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.82
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $23.93Trending at AU $24.87
About this product
- DescriptionFor hundreds of years the Irish Island of Great Blasket was home to a community of people who lived without gas, electricity or running water. In 1953 life there became too hard and the island was evacuated. An extraordinary migration took place, the island community relocating almost wholesale to an obscure suburb of an ordinary town in Massachusetts, USA. One family provides the human focus and emotional core to this wider story of emigration. Ceit Kearney stayed in Ireland when her two brothers made the epic journey to America. In their last years they share stories of lives geographically and culturally divided by the Atlantic.
- PrizesShortlisted for Mail on Sunday / John Llewellyn Rhys Prize 2001.
- Author(s)Cole Moreton
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication02/03/2000
- SubjectTrue Stories
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date07/08/2002
- Content Noteb&w illustrations
- Weight482 g
- Width145 mm
- Height223 mm
- Spine29 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.