All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe first-ever inside look at the US military s secretive Remotely Piloted Aircraft program equal parts tech-thriller, historical account, and war memoir Remotely piloted aircraft (RPA), commonly referred to by the media as drones, are a mysterious and headline-making tool in the military s counterterrorism arsenal. Their story has been pieced together by techlogy reporters, major newspapers, and on-the-ground accounts from the Middle East, but it has never been fully told by an insider. In Hunter Killer, Air Force Lt. Col. T. Mark McCurley provides an unprecedented look at the aviators and aircraft that forever changed modern warfare. This is the first account by an RPA pilot, told from his unique-in-history vantage point supporting and executing Tier One counterterrorism missions. Only a handful of people kw what it s like to hunt terrorists from the sky, watching through the electronic eye of aircraft that can stay aloft for a day at a time, waiting to deploy their cutting-edge techlogy to neutralize threats to America s national security. Hunter Killer is the counterpoint to the stories from the battlefront told in books like No Easy Day and American Sniper While special operators such as SEALs and Delta Force have received a lot of attention in recent years, book has ever told the story of the unmanned air war. Until w. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author BiographyLT . COL. T. MARK McCURLEY is a retired Air Force pilot and former intelligence operator. In 2003, he volunteered for the secretive Predator program, deploying five times to Iraq, Afghanistan, and other locations, where he has flown the MQ-1 Predator and the MQ-9 Reaper, accruing more than one thousand combat hours in flight. KEVIN MAURER is an award-winning journalist and the bestselling coauthor, with Mark Owen, of No Easy Day: The Firsthand Account of the Mission That Killed Osama bin Laden. He has covered special operations forces for a decade. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Kevin Maurer,T Mark McCurley
- PublisherPenguin Audiobooks
- Date of Publication13/10/2015
- SubjectMilitary History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPenguin Audiobooks
- Weight454 g
- Read byHolter Graham
- Contained items statement9 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time660
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $33.27Trending at AU $38.94
- AU $32.09Trending at AU $37.50
- AU $18.92Trending at AU $20.12
- AU $15.19Trending at AU $19.88
- AU $12.47Trending at AU $16.87
- AU $31.73Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $13.63Trending at AU $17.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.