All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNature is out of balance in the human world. The sun hasn't shone in years, and crops are failing. Worse yet, strange and hostile creatures have begun to appear. The people's survival hangs in the balance. To solve the crisis, the oracle stones are cast, and Kaede and Taisin, two seventeen-year-old girls, are picked to go on a dangerous and unheard-of journey to Tanlili, the city of the Fairy Queen. Taisin is a sage, thrumming with magic, and Kaede is of the earth, without a speck of the otherworldly. And yet the two girls' destinies are drawn together during the mission. As members of their party succumb to unearthly attacks and fairy tricks, the two come to rely on each other and even begin to fall in love. But the Kingdom needs only one huntress to save it, and what it takes could tear Kaede and Taisin apart forever. The exciting adventure prequel to Malinda Lo's highly acclaimed vel Ash is overflowing with lush Chinese influences and details inspired by the I Ching, and is filled with action and romance.
- Author BiographyMalinda is the former managing editor of AfterEllen.com, and an award-winning journalist for her work in LGBT media. Malinda graduated from Wellesley College in 1996 with a BA in Economics and Chinese Studies, and she worked with Joe Blades at Ballantine. She earned MAs from Harvard (Regional Studies--East Asia) and Stanford (Cultural and Social Anthropology) universities. She now lives in San Francisco.
- Author(s)Malinda Lo
- PublisherLittle, Brown & Company
- Date of Publication12/06/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLittle, Brown & Company
- Content Notemaps
- Weight363 g
- Width137 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.